Suwanee Residents, Have You Considered Acupuncture for Pain Management?
Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine that helps encourage the body to heal naturally and improve functioning. Originated from China, this type of alternative healing technique helps balance the flow of energies in the body.
According to an acupuncturist, energy or chi flows throughout the body along the pathways called meridians. When this energy circulation is blocked or disrupted, it can result in pain or illness. It helps influence or unblock chi and help the energy flow back into balance.
Click to Call 770-813-2213 to schedule your FREE consultation today!
How is it done?
Acupuncture involves inserting very thin needles into your skin at various depths on certain points of your body to access the blocked or disrupted energies.
Although the patient may feel stinging or sharp sensation upon insertion, it is only momentary. After a needle is placed, the practitioner may either use electric current or heat on the needle or stimulate the needles back and forth according to the treatment required.
The needles are usually left in place for about five to 20 minutes, but no longer than 60 minutes before they are removed. While treating acute symptoms may require four to five treatments, chronic cases may require 12 or more treatments, usually being covered between eight to ten weeks.
Types of Acupuncture
There are different types of the treatment, namely traditional Chinese acupuncture, Japanese style, ear style, cosmetic style, Korean hand style and scalp treatment.
Each kind of treatments is effective when used to treat specific conditions. For example, while scalp acupuncture helps treat conditions affecting the nervous system, ear acupuncture is effective for weight loss and for treating addictions such as quitting smoking.
What is it used for?
- Helps reduce pain due to arthritis, injury or trauma.
- Treats emotional disorders – depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Helps alleviate digestive disorders – vomiting, nausea , irritable bowel syndrome .
- Helps treat neurological disorders – headache or migraine, disc problems, Paresis following stroke.
- Helps treat musculoskeletal disorders- low back pain, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, arthritis, fibromyalgia and Sciatica.
- Is beneficial for treating respiratory disorders- acute sinusitis, common cold, acute bronchitis, common cold.
- Helps cure eye, ear, nose and mouth disorders- acute conjunctivitis, myopia (in children), gingivitis, cataract, tooth aches and post extraction pain.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Is completely safe when performed correctly.
- Is a very effective combination treatment.
- Eliminates stress.
- Relaxes muscles.
- Improves mental clarity
- Elevates mood and strengthens immunity.
- Regulates and balances hormones.
- Is effective when used as a combination treatment.
- Is an effective option for patients who do not want to take pain killers.
To find the best acupuncturist in Suwanee Ga:
- It is advised that you should research for the best qualified and experienced practitioner.
- Be certain that they are NCCAOM certified and licensed by the state you are seeking treatments.
- Getting recommendations from friends or family or searching web engines for local acupuncturist can also be another great option for seeking a reliable acupuncturist.
When choosing an acupuncturist, it is essential that you select one who is willing to work with treatment plan with you and your health care provider. In addition, the acupuncturist should also be able to explain to you the procedure and duration of your treatment and the total cost of the treatment.
At Jilin, our acupuncturists have a combined total of over 50 years experiences in the Chinese medicine and acupuncture field. We have many patients from Suwanee Georgia. Call 770-813-2213 and schedule your FREE counseling session today. Living in metro Atlanta click here.